Friday, February 22, 2013

Catching Up Part 3--Rebuilding and Moving Forward

After the February 10th tornado, Southern Miss did not lay down and accept defeat. We stood up, we buckled up, and we tightened down.

On Southern Miss Cleanup Day, February 12, 2013 over 940 students plus 300 volunteers from either the alumni, community, or other schools came together and gathered over 2000 bags of debris. Thanks to them, we went back to work and school on February 14th, 2013.

That was how Southern moved on, and the Ingle house has moved on as well. We've added a new baby to our house! Folks, meet Mardi!


Mardi is our precioius, 4 pound Chiweenie. She was a shelter puppy. When we got her she was dehydrated, eat up with a worm infection, and almost to the point of malnutrition. But we loved her, so we took her home, cleaned her up, fattened her up, and she'll be spayed next week. Having her in our lives made us focus on something so pure, so innocent, and so time consuming that we quickly recovered from the emotional trauma of the destruction from the tornado. Plus, our cat Winry adores her. And yes, that is a picture of a cat grooming a puppy as if she were a kitten. There is so much cute in my house that you'd think My Little Pony threw up Dora The Explorer.

**Mardi Update***


As I was typing, I heard a knock at the door. I look up to find Mardi scratching the door furiously to be let out. I grab the leash but she gives me a "Mama we ain't got time for that" look, so I just open the door. Out she goes to the grass, handles business, and comes back in.

Praise be to God, my apartment is one poop/pee session closer to smelling like fresh linen again!


Don't worry, I'll be posting a recipe later. Actually, two, so stay tuned ;)


Love as always,
Courtney

3 comments:

  1. Mardi couldn't have found a better home. It was also PERFECT timing with the tornado hitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kaileigh! We were lucky to get her when we did. It was a little blessing for us despite all the craziness going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww love her!!! I use to have a chiweenie!! I can come play with hers?!?! :P

    ReplyDelete